The SQuORE dashboard
SQuORE : an analysis and decision making dashboard for software projects management
In a fast changing environment, Business Intelligence tools are becoming essential to help organizations to identify changes and adapt their strategies in real time.
As a growing part of companies’ assets, software applications are no exception, and, more than ever need a clear vision for relevant decisions.
However, it clearly appears that classic static analysis tools, though providing lots of detailed data and results, are not designed to provide an overview of the status of projects and products, and thus fail to answer critical questions such as “ “Can we deploy this software at the minimum risk?” “How can I maximize product quality while meeting budget and deadline?”.
Starting from this fact, the SQuORE platform represents a new generation of tools designed to support Business Intelligence requirements, leading to optimizing software project management by:
- Gathering vital data coming from analysis tools all along the life cycle,
- Aggregating them into configurable analysis and decision models,
- Ensuring availability of actionable indicators in a timely, meaningful and understandable manner,
- Revealing potential relationships between causes and effects.
Feeling the benefitsA cost-effective and low-risk solution for implementing an enterprise-wide measurement process.
SQuORE is a robust, scalable and fully customizable management toolset that automates the collection, analysis, modeling and reporting of measurement data:
- An ‘Out-of-the-box’ set of popular metrics and indicators enabling corporate, domain related or standardized evaluation models (e.g. ISO 9126, SQALE)
Configure and align with your business objectives
- Integrated fast and easy-to-run source code analyzers already for C/C++/Java/C# projects including complexity measurement, rule checking and clone detection
Demonstrate compliance with corporate or international standards: e.g. HIS, GSWS, NASA
- Ability to extend, add 3rd Party tool data (e.g. rule checkers, dynamic analyzers, bug trackers, configuration management, modelers, requirement management)
See a list of data providers already integrated by SQuORE
Aggregate data from all your already-in-use engineering tools to get a comprehensive overview on products and processes
- Role-based dashboard with intuitive charts and a unique double data drill-down
Navigate directly to relevant details either on product artifacts or quality attributes
- Automated Defect Report generation based on a powerful user customizable decision criteria engine:
Pick up the most critical DR to build the optimal “Todo-list” and export them to your Change Management system or to the developer backlog
- User defined and predefined check-lists
Integrate Peer Review results in product overall evaluation
- Trend analysis including Control-Charts for Statistical Process Control
Detect process deviations and product regression from previous versions immediately
- Descriptive statistics and data modeling
Capitalize data from past projects to correlate product attributes (e.g. Complexity) with external quality characteristics (e.g. Reliability)
- Report generation in standardized formats from customizable templates
Communicate only selected or requested data on Quality achievement to partners, customers, 3rd Parties or Certification bodies
- Adaptable, intuitive, secure Web interface
Minimize learning curve, ease deployment and information broadcasting / access to all stakeholders
Involving all key actorsSQUORE provides all software life cycle stakeholders a shared and objective understanding of the software product quality and of the performance of development processes.
They all get high benefits from using SQuORE:
- Executive Managers: get a risk-analysis summary of all relevant projects / products based on accurate, timely and appropriate data aggregated into a single repository;Introducing the SQuORE Platform
- Project Managers: measure project progress from the quality point of view, anticipate deviation from plans and take the right decisions for optimizing project management;
- QA Managers: identify and broadcast best practices within the organization by capitalizing and analyzing past project data;
- Developers: verify the quality of the code produced daily, locate regressions quickly and detect potential defects or risky constructions earlier; exchange on remediation strategies;
- Testers: focus the test strategy on critical, complex, unstable but under covered pieces of code;
- Auditors: evaluate software work product compliance to relevant standards and/or applicable requirements;
- Suppliers: demonstrate Quality achievement or improvement regarding customer or regulatory requirements.